The Mosquito for Hi Temp Applications
The Mosquito Liquid uses the same patented technology found in the standard, air-cooled Mosquito hotend, but optimized for liquid cooling in heated enclosures. Like all of our hotends, Mosquito Liquid is completely Made in the USA, out of top end materials. The liquid cooling block is precision machined out of a super conductive copper alloy, and coated with a non-marring, highly inert, gold-colored plating that allows for use with any commercially available coolant. Liquid also features our latest Bimetallic Heat Break™ – the first version to be totally conductively cooled. The hotend is available with or without liquid fittings.
We can’t quite talk about the specifics yet, but Mosquito Liquid will be featured on several upcoming industrial 3D printers optimized for printing high temperature plastics such as PPSU, PEEK and PEKK.
The Mosquito Liquid Includes:
- Mosquito Liquid – 1.75 (x1)
- Mosquito Liquid Mounting Hardware
- Set of Mosquito Liquid hex keys for assembly, disassembly, and mounting
- Super tasty US-made gourmet lollipops
- Hotend mass: 74 grams
- Comes Fully Assembled
- Lead times should be expected. Orders will be assembled and fulfilled in the order in which they are received.
- If using Eisele Fittings, the compression side should be hand tightened and the threaded side should be torqued to a maximum of 9 Nm for a proper seal.
- If using these compression fittings with a tube material that has a Durometer of 95A or softer, a tube support will be necessary in order to properly secure the tube within the fitting. An example of a tube support for the 6 mm fittings can be found here and a tube support for the 8 mm fittings can be found here.
- If using a tubing softer than 95A, we tested and recommend Viton® fluoro-elastomer tubing with a Durometer of 75A. Here is a link to the 6 mm OD tubing and here is a link to the 8 mm OD tubing.
- The Mosquito Liquid is compatible with Rep Rap style nozzles which are characterized by their M6 x 1.0 threads, 7 mm threaded length, and 12.5 mm overall length.