Designed for rigid and flexible materials…
… and improved cooling capacity.
- Is easier to cool down and to install;
- Allows higher Volumetric Flow Rate;
- Supports rigid, flexible and soft materials;
- Prints flexible and soft materials faster;
- Forms a small and light yet robust print-head.
- Allows for one hand nozzle change.
This LGX add-on only supports 1.75 mm size filament.
No extruder, heater or thermistor are included.
Each LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend is supplied with:
- 1x LGX Black Anodized Aluminum Monolithic Cold Block and Heat Sink
- 1x Mosquito LGX Heat Break
- 1x Mosquito Hot Block
- 1x Bondtech M6x1x7.5 Coated Brass Nozzle 0.4mm
- 1x Silver Based Thermal Paste Sachet 0.5g
By Bondtech and Slice Engineering
This LGX ACE Mosquito is a special short filament path hotend, co-developed by Bondtech and Slice Engineering, to be used with the LGX eXtruder.
It features Slice’s Mosquito bi-metallic heat-break technology and Copper hot block for improved thermal performance.
Pairing it with the LGX forms a print head that will excel at printing ALL most common materials and especially the soft and flexible.
Engineered To Give More Flow
During the long months of deep testing that preceded the launch of the LGX CHT nozzles, Bondtech discovered that shortening the post-drive filament path generates increased volumetric flow rate capacity. Similar to the LGX Shortcut Mosquito , the LGX ACE Mosquito delivers that same increase when comparing to the full Mosquito hotend.
Designed To Be Cooler
The LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend features a monolithic air-cooled cold block and heat sink, designed and manufactured by Bondtech, that engages with the LGX extruder using its interface plug and rests at the front of the extruder. The heat sink includes the hole pattern for attaching 40×40 fans.
Our tests suggest a 4010 fan is enough to cool down the cold block and the cold zone of the heat break, due to the monolithic design of the cold block and heat sink that increases heat transmission and dissipation.
The LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend is not compatible with the following items:
- 3DSolex Matchless 1.75mm nozzles.
The hot block included in this product is compatible with the RepRap standard of nozzles. Below is a list of compatible versions.
Click each link to open the related product page.
|Freight Weight||104 g|
|Dimensions||10 × 8 × 7 cm|
LGX ACE Mosquito Hotend
- Cold Block Material : Anodized Aluminum;
- Heat Sink Material : Anodized Aluminum;
- Mosquito Heat Break materials : Steel tube; Copper body; W2S (Tungsten Disulfide) coating.
- Mosquito Hot Block materials : Copper body; Nickel plating.
- Max operating (nozzle) temperature : 450°C
- Max tightening torque on the extruder screws is 0.3 Nm
- Max tightening torque on the heatsink/cold block screw is 0.6 Nm
- Cooling fan mounting : 2 holes, M3 thru-all 8.6mm (use max 7mm)
- LGX ACE Mosquito hotend net weight : 60.5 g
- Package measurements : 80x103x73 mm
- Package weight : 100.5 g
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.