Direct Drive Upgrade
This LGX™ based upgrade kit is an easy to install replacement of the stock direct drive extruder. It requires the accessories included in the LGX™ Accessories for MK3S & Mosquito package.
Easy To Install
Very intuitive and easy to install upgrade kit where the extruder faces the X-carriage reducing the distance between the nozzle and the x-axis.
Leading Grip Power
The LGX™ is the Bondtech extruder with the highest filament grip due to its new large drive wheels that put more teeth engaging the filament.
This upgrade kit is not compatible with any MMU version.
Custom Firmware Required
You need to update your Prusa’s firmware to use this product.
New Firmware Available.
Open the Firmware tab to download.
Community Sourced Design
This extruder design is based on Gerd Jentz‘s project posted on GitHub. To check the project and its geometry files click here. To his project we made some small adjustments and added our own filament sensor housing and X-carriage design, compatible with the stock MK3S X-axis.
Enjoy Bondtech’s Evolved Dual Drive Technology
Start using our newest extruder with our new Dual Drive Technology based on larger drive gears. This is only one of the 7 new features Bondtech implemented on an extruder.
7 new features on a Bondtech eXtruder:
- Larger drive wheels, for increased filament grip;
- Filament pre-tension lever, for repeated results;
- Multi-function interface socket, for tool or application quick swap;
- Drive wheels’ maintenance windows, for easy cleaning;
- Compact, light & symmetric design, for increased performance and compatibility;
- Multiple mounting hole patterns, for easy and flexible setup;
- A small step for a greener Future, craft boxes without bleaching & no coating.
You can read more about the new features by clicking here.
3D Printed Housing using PA12
The housing parts are professionally printed with nylon for maximum strength and precision and higher temperature resistance.
Working Temperature Limits
Bear in mind the working temperature limit of this upgrade kit will have the following set of limits:
- Due to the stepper motor > up to 70°C.
- The PA12 parts themselves can withstand up to 100°C.