— Now with new version —
- New heat break with reinforced throat and revised radiator to prevent damage during installation and repairs
- New heat sink with wider opening for the filament path to more readily accept multi-material setups like the Prusa MMU or Mosaic Palette.
- The Mosquito Magnum prints up to 20% faster than any other hotend on the market
- A thermal insulator protects the extended melt zone from the effects of active cooling, and radiative heat loss. It has a heat transmission rate as low as 3 W/m*K, meaning you can have ultimate confidence in the speed of your print, while at the same time maintaining the high resolution benefits achieved with the standard Mosquito
- The melt zone is extended proximally upwards to maintain a small form factor
- A multi extrusion setup with both high flow and high resolution optimized designs can be created without needing to purchase new nozzles or make carriage modifications to accommodate hotends of different sizes
Oh yeah, and you can change the nozzle with one hand.
Mosquito Magnum is only available for 1.75 mm filament at this time.
About the revised version
Slice Engineering released a brand new version of the Mosquito™ Magnum! This new versions include a revised heat break and heat sink with cool new features. The new heat break has a reinforced throat and revised radiator to prevent damage during installation or repairs. It also features the same WS2 anti-stick coating found on our line of Vanadium™ Nozzles for even better performance with PLA. The new heat sink has a wider opening for the filament path to more readily accept spliced filament from multi-material setups, like the Prusa MMU or Mosaic Palette.
The old-style heat breaks and heat sinks will not be compatible with the new ones. However, customers that desire to upgrade can retrofit their Mosquito™ to take advantage of the new features by acquiring both the heat sink and heat break together.
The Mosquito Versatility
The Mosquito is adaptable to virtually any printer, so by swapping one component, you gain the high performance benefits of a printer worth thousands more. Since the Mosquito (designed for beauty) and Mosquito Magnum (designed for speed) are the same length, any combination of these hotends can be mounted to one carriage. So you can switch between high-flow and high-precision in the same print.
Oh yeah, and you can change the nozzle with one hand.
Are you ready to see your vision fully realized?
Built For Speed And Engineering-grade Plastics
Whoever says “Sorry, I can’t do a GoT marathon with you on Saturday, I’m doing a big print,” clearly doesn’t have the Mosquito Magnum hotend that finishes projects 20% faster than other high flow-rate hotends on the market.
Your 3D printer can deliver the high resolution prints and take on engineering-grade plastics that other desktop printers can’t come close to. With minimal layer lines, your vision is about to become reality. Fast.
The Mosquito Magnum hotend has the same precision as our Mosquito hotend, but with a flow rate that is significantly faster.
Unlock engineering-grade plastics up to 450 °C. That means you can print car parts, medical devices, and whatever else you can dream up, and you don’t have to buy an expensive printer to do the job.
How did we accomplish this?
Re-imagining The Hotend
By reimagining how a hotend is designed and structured from the ground up. The materials in each part of the Mosquito Magnum have been hand selected to perform a specific task to optimize your printer’s performance. We went as far as using the same insulator materials that NASA uses on their space shuttle to protect the hotend’s extended melt zone.
Some might say it’s overkill.
But we say it’s necessary to create something truly excellent.
And it gives you a great anecdote for the next 3D printing convention.
- Superior heat break performance
- The heat break conducts 85% less heat into the heat sink than a typical threaded heat break
- Steep temperature gradient at the heat break, and high tolerances along the filament path allow for better transmission of fine motor movements, resulting in beautiful, higher resolution prints
- Steep temperature gradient at the heat break reduces the likelihood of jamming
- Reduced heat transmission removes the need for a large heat sink
- Composite construction of the heat break allows for the use of materials optimized for heat transfer in each section of the heat break
- Allows for hotend to be mounted with a printed, plastic adapter, without raising safety concerns
- Increased structural rigidity
- The heat break has been separated from the structural components of the hotend, allowing for a heat break that is not load bearing, and can be very thin walled. This allows for a reliable, rigid exterior structure
- No components are prone to loosening at the mounting points
- Nozzles can be changed with one hand, without grasping the hot block
- In the case of a severe crash, an entirely new hotend is not necessary, parts can be easily swapped out
- Larger temperature operating range
- Specially-engineered high temperature copper alloy in the hot block will not soften at high temperatures in excess of 550C.
- Threads in the hot block will not deform at high temps, allowing removal of nozzles even after multiple high temp heat cycles
- Nickel plating on the hot block reduces radiative heat loss and prevents galling of threads
- Modular/adaptable to almost any FFF/FDM printer
- Compact, flat, ambidextrous form factor
- 5 different hole mounting patterns to allow for adaptation to virtually any printer
- Printable adapters can be created to diversify mounting options
- Ideal for multiple extrusion systems
- Small form factor and light mass allows for back-to-back mounting with small nozzle-nozzle distance
- Small mass allows for more rapid motion
- Less reinforcement needed for the motors, belts, and drives in the motion system