Instructions On How To Choose The Right Firmware:
- Identify the firmware version running your Prusa;
- Identify your Prusa model to select the proper accordion tab inside each firmware tab;
- Identify your Prusa’s mainboard version;
- Identify any hardware setup variant you may have and relate it to the files available.
To check which firmware version you already have in your printer, power it up and in the LCD menu, go to Support. Scroll down and you will see the firmware version.
To check which printer model you have, in the LCD menu, you will see the model name in the bottom line of the main screen.
In the LCD menu, go to Support. and scroll down to the second line below the
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – and you will see the mainboard version (eg: RAMBo10a; RAMBo13a; EINSy10a;…).
Hardware setup variants include, so far, the presence of Slice Engineering HT Thermistor . Others may be added in the Future.
About the firmware files naming
The name of the firmware file you download should match your setup.
Take the following as an example:
notice the printer model:
notice the mainboard model:
notice the base Prusa firmware:
notice the HT thermistor:
notice the Mosquito Magnum hot end:
If there is no mention to thermistor or hotend models, the firmware file is used to the default ones supplied by Prusa in your 3D printer.